How is your Ability to Love? Do you Love at all times like God Asks us to? Has your idea of Love been warped by the World’s view? Has abuse in your past damaged your understanding of Love?
Love, the first mentioned fruit as well as the First and Second Commandments! We also see in scripture that God IS LOVE! So LOVE is vital as a Child of God.
- “Teacher, what is the most important commandment in the Law? Jesus Answered, Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul and mind. This is the first most IMPORTANT The second most important commandment is like this one, and it is LOVE others as much as you love yourself. All the Law of Moses and the Books of the Prophets are based on these two commandments” Matthew 22.36-40
- “God is love, whoever lives in love, lives in God and God in Him” 1 John 4.16.
If you living in Love, then you are one with God.… I don’t know about you but I sure want that!
God commands us to “love one another” and tells us that He is Love and then he defines to us what Love is in Corinthians 13.
- Does not Envy
- Does not Boast
- Is not Proud
- Is not Rude
- Not self seeking
- Not easily angered
- Keeps no record of wrongs
- Doesn’t delight in Evil
- Rejoices in the truth
- Always protects
- Always hopes
- Always preserves
- LOVE NEVER FAILS
And Since God IS LOVE! Then you can replace the word “Love” with “God” and see all that God is too! Which aspects of Love do you find the most challenging?
Love just seems so natural for a Mama, a natural born instinct when we hold our little bundle (or bundles) in our arms for the very first time. But when we look at Corinthians 13, even this Love can challenged! Are you always patient even when they never stop nagging or fighting? Isn’t it reassuring to know that God is All these things to us ALL THE TIME!
Marriage is meant to be the Icon of God’s Love; he uses marriage to describe our relationship with Him. We are his Bride <3. It is important to prioritize your husband and keep that spark alive! God didn’t wait for you to be perfect before He loved you and in the same way you can’t wait for your spouse to be perfect to love them unconditionally. Extend Grace
There are so many verses about love in the bible. Find more and meditate on them:
- Corinthians 13.13 “For there are Faith, Hope and Love but the greatest of these is Love”
- As we see throughout studying Love, Love is SO important! God even tells us it is the Greater than Faith and Hope!
- “Nothing in all creation can separate us from Gods love for us!” Romans 8.39
- How comforting and reassuring. We can NEVER be separated from the love of our God who is love <3
- God tells us in Proverbs 17.17 that “A friend loves at all times”.
- Are we doing this? Even when our friend hurts us?
Love is a choice, not an emotion. Love is a Verb, an action word. A doing word. Start “doing” Love! As we grow in our relationship with God and His Spirit, we truly learn to Love as Corinthians 13 teaches us.
Challenge! Watch thoughts and actions this week and hold them captive if they are not loving! Get someone to hold you accountable and encourage you to grow in your LOVE Fruit. If your idea of Love has been negatively impacted by the world, please send me a private message and I will pray along side you to break that chain over your life. Then you can start to experience the true meaning of Love, the way God intended it to be.
Next Week: Next week we will be focusing on “Joy”. Joy, what is means to you and what robs your joy and why it is essential for us as Christians to have Joy in any circumstance.