I had a friend the other day ask me “What are these Fruits that Christians talk about and Why are they so Important?” And it made me think…… do we as Christian know The Fruits of the Spirit and why they are so important? So I thought I’d spend some time on each one and Why they are important to us as Believers of God, Wives and Mothers.
“The Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, goodness, faithfulness and self-control, against such there is no law” Galatians 5.22-23
- SELF CONTROL
The above are 9 Characteristics that sum up or apply to a person or community, living in accordance with the Holy Spirit. Wow, that can sure make a Mama put pressure on herself doesn’t it? When my kids are nagging every 5 minutes that they are hungry or when they won’t stop fighting … I still need to be Kind, Patient and Self-Controlled! How!?!?!?
Well this is explained in the line “The Fruits of the SPIRIT”…. You don’t do it in your own strength and power! It is the Fruit of the SPIRIT in you… it is God working in you! It doesn’t say “The Fruits of the Mom”.
We need to lead by example and not by force. Therefore it is important to allow Him to live in us and change our hearts. Your children and husband will be impacted by God’s Spirit in you and they will then desire the same.
“A good tree produces good fruit and a bad tree produces bad fruit” Matt 7.17
WHAT ARE “BAD FRUITS”?
Galatians 5.19-21 tells us “When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear, sexual immorality, impurities, lustful pleasures, idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies and other sins like these. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living this sort of life, will not inherit the Kingdom of God”
- Goodness! No one wants to NOT inherit the Kingdom of God! So how do we produce Good Fruit and rid ourselves of our sinful nature?
- We do this by seeking Him first. Less of us and more of Him. When we pray prays like this, we need to be aware that to obtain and refine ourselves there is a pruning process that needs to happen…. And it is not always easy! So be prepared!
PRUNING (Growth & Maturing)
“He cuts away every branch of mine that doesn’t produce fruit. But He trims clean every branch that does produce fruit, so that it will produce even more fruit” John 15.2
- This pruning process is not an easy one. It is hard and painful but we come out of these wildernesses so much stronger in Him. So it is worth it!
- This verse also talks about continued refinement; there is always place for growth, renewal and increase. Never reach a level of complacency
- We all want “fresh fruit” not “rotten fruit”! Continuously grow… don’t become complacent.
“I chose you and sent you out to produce fruit, the kind of fruit that will last. Then my father will give you whatever you ask for in my name” John 15.16
- This is what God has called us to do, to produce Fruit that will last! And as a wife and mother, this is most important to those under our influence. The greatest thing you may ever achieve is not what you do but who you raise – So powerful!
- God chose you for your children, you the perfect person for the job…. It’s a battle out there! He knows you the right person to mold and teach your children His ways. No one else.
“I am the vine and you are the branches. The one who remains in Me and I in Him bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing” John 15.5
- POWERFUL! We can do ALL things when we abide in Him and when we do this, the fruits will automatically start to come. It is Him working in us, don’t try and to do it in our own strength.
“You will recognize them by their fruits” Matt 7.16
- This for me sums it all up and clearly states how important the Fruits of the Spirit are for Christians. They are the way to tell that we are God’s and are growing in our walk with Him.
- We reflect Him the same way our kids will reflect us… our influence and impact is so powerful.
Live in His fullness of life, peace and freedom and allow His spirit to transform you from the inside out. Shine His Light, Reflect Him!
“Do your best to improve your faith by adding goodness, understanding, self-control, patience, devotion to God, concern for others and Love. If you keep growing in this way, it will show that what you know about our Lord Jesus has made your lives useful and meaningful” 2 Peter 1.5-9
For the next 9 weeks I will be posting a “Fruit” a week. I Challenge you to focus on growing in the specific fruit for that week. Pick an accountability buddy to help you with the “Fruit Growth Challenge”. We will start with LOVE next week ❤️